Sunday 5 February 2012

KAS Bodywork - Preparation Week Three


I have had a good time visiting KAS Racepaint over the last few weeks and really appreciate how much Paul has done for me. This weekend I saw my parts along-side Gary's move into the booth for the last time. And I also managed to catch a glimpse of what they looked like in their gloss black - terrific.

In a rather tight turnaround and we also squeezed in the trip up to the BSSO AGM in Walsall. This was my first time at the event and I found it really interesting. The discussions were thought-provoking and it was great to imagine that I will be a prospective racer in the coming 2012 season, something I have been looking forward to for a long time. Chalkie also gave me some useful updates regarding my engine. 

This weekend also saw us gain possession of our race transport - a Mazda Bongo. These little beauties are well known in surfing fraternities and we hope that ours will serve us as well as the recommendations suggest.

I have also partially painted my temporary Legshields over the weekend so expect a more complete update on these soon. Hopefully, the final majority of the professional paintwork will be collected during the week. Next weekend is lining up to be an exciting one!



No comments:

Post a Comment